Friday, January 11, 2013

A TEENAGER IS IN THE HOUSE

Yesterday my boy turned 13, a teenager.
Finally! he said.
He is so desperate to grow up. I'd be quite happy for him to stay this age.

He is the most lovely, caring and considerate boy, who insists on hugs everyday.
He is so excited to be almost my height, he looks me right in the eye now without
having to stand on his tippy-toes!
He is growing at quite a rate at the moment and I'm not sure how it will feel having him taller than me,
quite strange I expect!

We celebrated his birthday by going to Adventure Park in Geelong with my sister and her kids.
We had a fantastic day, it's like a kid's dream there!
 We came home tired and sunburnt, and were met by the rest of our family for pizzas and drinks.

It's also my Mum's birthday on the same day so she had to blow the candles out as well.

Jesse had the most wonderful day, and just when he didn't think it could have gotten any better, he was given a present from my parents- something that he had wanted for a long time.
He burst into tears and held her for the longest time.
A mixture of a big day and being so happy had overwhelmed him and brought him to (happy) tears.

I love that he doesn't feel embarrassed or ashamed to express his emotions.
I hope he never changes.

It really doesn't feel like that long ago that I was holding him at the hospital, looking at the face of my tiny baby boy and wondering what he'd be like as he grew.
What he'd look like, what he'd be interested in.
I honestly couldn't be prouder of the young man he has grown to be.

Happy Birthday Jesse xx

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've just found your blog and I have enjoyed reading it. Lovely photos'. My daughters are 13 and nearly 14 and I sometimes wonder just where time went?..it doesn't seem five minutes since I was pregnant!

    I have been very lucky to be at home for my children and still continue to be at home for them now when they come home from school, holidays etc. I treasue every day with them. There aren't many people these days that are lucky enough to stay at home. Time goes so quickly.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely messages! They really make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...