Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A sad, crazy day

I had big plans for my blog today. There's so many good things going on - sunny days, festivals, markets, spring, new chickens, restored furniture - but I can't write about any of it yet. My head is in another space. 

This morning I was woken by my Mum calling to tell me that one of my Dad's good friends had been killed last night. Murdered actually. 'Stabbed multiple times' the news is telling me. I can't get my head around it. This stuff doesn't happen to someone you know, it just doesn't. 

I really feel for his family left behind, for his poor wife who found him and tried to resuscitate him, for his daughter who just had her 18th on the weekend, for his son who is still so young but worked along side his Dad everyday.

I can't bring myself to write about all the good stuff in my life today, not when this family have lost such a huge part of theirs. It all seems wrong.
R.i.p Gary, we will miss your laugh, that's for sure!

11 comments:

  1. Oh lady, I'm do sad and distressed for you.

    Xo em

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is shocking, tragic. I'm so sorry. Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry. I saw the story on the news too. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im so sorry this is just so awful,Im thinking of you all

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh Rach. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time. It is such a horrible thing to have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh rach. just so awful and wrong. what a shocking waste. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Rach, that is terrible. Am thinking of you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Am thinking of you all and I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really sorry to hear about this terrible loss.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear your news sending blessing to you all my friend.

    Always Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry to hear Rach! Well some good news if you can call it that....it seems the guy responsible is now in police hands!

    Hope you mum and dad are doing okay.....xoxoRo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your lovely messages! They really make my day :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...